This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and Hormel Foods. All opinions are mine alone. #skippyjarofjoy #GoToYourSKIPPYPlace #skippypeanutbutter
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Pie is an indulgent, gooey, creamy, peanut-buttery treat that will be the new star of your dessert table this holiday season!
It’s so important to find ways to share holiday joy with your family, in whatever way is meaningful for you. For my family, of course it is all about the food! My aunt always makes an amazing peanut butter pie for the holidays – it’s a dessert we’ve had at the table for years and always brings back memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners when I was a child.
I wanted to bring that warm, nostalgic feeling to my own family’s holiday table this year, but, with a unique twist to add a bit of variety and fun! So, here we have Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Pie, my take on my family’s favorite peanut butter pie.
This festive pie starts with a peanut butter salted caramel filling, then an extra layer of caramel, and a topping of peanut butter whipped cream. Then, right before serving, it’s garnished with another drizzle of caramel and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt!
SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter
I used SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter for the peanut butter caramel filling and peanut butter whipped cream. It’s wonderful for a dessert like this because it really gives the filling that smooth, creamy texture and super peanut-buttery flavor that reminds me of my aunt’s classic peanut butter pie.
SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter is also my go-to for peanut butter desserts because we always have a jar in the house. We are a big peanut butter snacking family – seriously, there is not a piece of toast, cracker, apple slice, or celery stick that is eaten without a coating of peanut butter in this household! To escape the everyday, just twist open a jar of SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter, for endless snacking (and dessert!) possibilities, whether gifting treats to friends, or just enjoying a quiet day at home with the family.
Since we do go through peanut butter like crazy at my house, I swung by Target to get a new jar of SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter, plus all the other ingredients I needed for this pie (and also a few holiday decorations that were not on my list but were too adorable to resist!). You can save $0.55 on the purchase of any two (2) SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Spreads starting 12/7 through 12/31 or while supplies last!
Get more information on SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter and other products such as SKIPPY® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread and add it to your Target cart by clicking the image below!
Additional ingredient notes
- Cream Cheese: for the best consistency, be sure to use the cream cheese that comes in a block, rather than the spreadable style that comes in a tub!
- Caramel: I used a store-bought caramel sauce; I give some more tips on choosing a caramel sauce in the Tips and tricks section below!
- Graham cracker crust: to keep things as easy, I used a premade graham cracker crust. But, any type of graham cracker crust would work, store-bought or homemade (maybe even a chocolate one?!).
- Flaky sea salt: I love using the large flakes of sea salt to garnish the top of this pie, it looks so beautiful, almost like salty sprinkles! If you don’t have this flaky sea salt, you can use another type of coarse salt for the garnish.
Step by step photos
Here’s a quick rundown on how to make Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Pie:
1. Beat the peanut butter, caramel, softened cream cheese and salt together until fluffy.
2. Spread the peanut butter filling into the bottom of the prepared graham cracker crust.
3. Swirl in some extra caramel!
4. Beat together the remaining peanut butter, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Then, you have the option of topping the pie right away, or placing the whipped cream in the fridge separately and topping right before serving.
5. After the pie has been in the fridge for at least 3 hours, you are ready to serve! If you haven’t already, spread on the peanut butter whipped cream, then drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle on the flaky sea salt as the finishing touch!
Tips and tricks
- As I mentioned in the Step by Step Photos section above, you can either spread the peanut butter whipped cream on the pie before placing it in the fridge, or store it in the fridge separately. Storing it separately is a good idea if you are worried about the top getting smushed in the fridge! If you would like, you could also make the peanut butter whipped cream right before serving.
- I used a store-bought caramel sauce for this pie, the kind you can find near the ice cream toppings section in the grocery store. I tested this recipe with a thinner, more syrupy caramel and a thicker one. While both worked fine, the thicker sauce was nicer in my opinion. So, if you have the option, look for a caramel with a thicker, yet still pourable consistency!
- To create the most volume in the peanut butter whipped cream, the heavy whipping cream should be very cold. If you have the time, you can place the bowl and beaters in the freezer for a few minutes before whipping to keep everything extra cold!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please leave a star rating and/or review in the comments section below, I would love to hear from you! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. And sign up for my weekly newsletter to get recipes delivered straight to you!Print
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Pie
An easy no bake pie, with a creamy peanut butter caramel base and fluffy peanut butter whipped cream, plus a drizzle of extra caramel and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup caramel sauce, divided, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 9-inch diameter prepared graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)
- flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Add the softened cream cheese, ¾ cup of the peanut butter, ½ cup of the caramel sauce and the ¼ teaspoon salt to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Using a hand mixer or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, beat the mixture on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly onto the prepared graham cracker crust. Drizzle the remaining ¼ cup caramel sauce on top, swirling it into the peanut butter mixture with a spoon (do not mix it in completely!).
- In a separate large bowl (or the cleaned bowl of your stand mixer), add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and remaining ¼ cup peanut butter. With a hand mixer or the whip attachment of a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream mixture on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Spread the peanut butter whipped cream on top of the peanut butter caramel layer. Cover the pie and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours. Right before serving, drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
If desired, you can make the peanut butter whipped cream at the same time as the rest of the pie, but refrigerate it in a separate covered container, adding it to the pie right before serving. This would be a good option if you want to do most of the prep work ahead of time, but don't have a cover for the pie that would allow space for the whipped cream. Alternatively, you can make the peanut butter whipped cream right before serving.
For the caramel, I used a store-bought caramel sauce that is available near the ice cream toppings. If you have the option, choose one with a thick, yet pourable, consistency.
To create the most volume in the peanut butter whipped cream, the heavy whipping cream should be very cold. If you have the time, you can place the bowl and beaters in the freezer for a few minutes before whipping to keep everything extra cold!
Keywords: peanut butter pie, caramel peanut butter pie, salted caramel pie, no bake peanut butter pie