Halloween is right around the corner! If you need a festive, adorable, and above all, easy Halloween treat, try these adorable witch Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes! These are so cute and only take 10 minutes of prep work (plus 30 minutes inactive time).
You can make these sundaes with only a few easy ingredients, and can even get the family in on the fun! Just lay out a variety of your favorite candies and everyone can design their own funny witch face.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through the link, it won’t cost you more but I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I personally use and love!
Halloween Ice Cream Sundae Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these Halloween sundaes:
- Sugar ice cream cones
- Pizzelle cookies: I used chocolate Pizzelles, but you can also use plain if you don’t mind the underside of your witch hat being a bit lighter in color.
- Chocolate chips: any kind will work, just use your favorite! I used dark chocolate chips.
- Ice cream: I used chocolate for the bottom scoop, and pistachio for the witch face. If you want the witch face to be green, make sure the pistachio ice cream you buy is green, because some are white. You could also try lime sherbet or mint chocolate chip for green. Or use your favorite flavors!
- Assorted candies/nuts: you can use any types of candies and/or nuts you want to make the witch face. I used pistachios for the noses, pieces of black licorice for the mouth and eyebrows, and these candy googly eyes.
Tips on Making Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes
Like I said, these Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes are really easy to make with only about 10 minutes prep time. In addition, you will also some time to let the chocolate set, but if you put the hats in the fridge, you can speed this part up to only about 30 minutes.
How to Make Chocolate Witch Hats
Here is the easiest way I found to assemble the witch hats:
- Place your hand inside the hole of the ice cream cone and with the other hand, paint the majority of the cone with a thin layer of melted chocolate, leaving the very tip unpainted.
- Next paint the underside edge of the ice cream cone with chocolate. Then place the cone in the middle of the Pizzelle.
- Paint a layer of chocolate on the top and outside edge of the Pizzelle. Make sure to fill in the entire gap between the cone and Pizzelle with chocolate to make sure the joint is well-sealed.
- And now don’t forget to paint the tip of the cone with chocolate too!
- Let the cones set up at room temperature or in the fridge. Depending on how thick you paint the chocolate, this will take about 90 minutes at room temperature or 30 minutes in the fridge.
Making the Chocolate Witch Hats Ahead of Time
You can definitely make these chocolate witch hats a few days ahead! I made some 4 days ago and they are still looking good. Just make sure the chocolate is entirely set up, then place them inside a sealed plastic zip top bag or a plastic or glass container with a tight fitting lid. Also, don’t pack too many in the same bag or container. The Pizzelles may start to chip around the edges if they are packed in too tightly.
I hope you enjoy these adorable and easy to make Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes! And for another fun Halloween treat, check out my recipe for Halloween Windowpane Cookies!
If you’ve tried this recipe for Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes, please let me know what you thought about it in the comments down below, I would love to hear from you! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see more delicious recipes from Nibble and Dine!Print
Make these adorable Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes from a few basic ingredients. Have a blast creating funny witch faces with your favorite Halloween candies!
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 2 sugar ice cream cones
- 2 chocolate or plain Pizzelle cookies
- pistachio ice cream (or your favorite green colored ice cream)
- chocolate ice cream
- assorted candies and/or nuts
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds, stir, and microwave again for an additional 15 seconds. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the first ice cream cone with melted chocolate, but leave the very tip of the cone unpainted.
- Paint the edge of the ice cream cone with chocolate and, using the unpainted tip as a handle, place the cone in the middle of a Pizzelle.
- Paint the top and outside edge of the Pizzelle with chocolate, making sure to add enough melted chocolate to the seam edge between the Pizzelle and cone to seal the joint between the two. Paint the tip of the ice cream cone.
- Repeat this process with the second cone and Pizzelle.
- Allow the chocolate on the hats to fully set, either at room temperature or fridge. This should take around 90 minutes at room temperature or 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When you are ready to serve the sundaes, add a scoop of chocolate ice cream to the bottom of a sundae glass or narrow mug. Add a scoop of pistachio on top. Decorate the scoop of pistachio with assorted candies and/or nuts to make a face. Top the sundae with the chocolate witch hat and serve immediately.
Keywords: Halloween dessert, Halloween ice cream sundae, Halloween ice cream, Halloween treats