Make these adorable Halloween Ice Cream Sundaes from a few basic ingredients. Have a blast creating funny witch faces with your favorite Halloween candies!
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 2 sugar ice cream cones
- 2 chocolate or plain Pizzelle cookies
- pistachio ice cream (or your favorite green colored ice cream)
- chocolate ice cream
- assorted candies and/or nuts
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds, stir, and microwave again for an additional 15 seconds. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the first ice cream cone with melted chocolate, but leave the very tip of the cone unpainted.
- Paint the edge of the ice cream cone with chocolate and, using the unpainted tip as a handle, place the cone in the middle of a Pizzelle.
- Paint the top and outside edge of the Pizzelle with chocolate, making sure to add enough melted chocolate to the seam edge between the Pizzelle and cone to seal the joint between the two. Paint the tip of the ice cream cone.
- Repeat this process with the second cone and Pizzelle.
- Allow the chocolate on the hats to fully set, either at room temperature or fridge. This should take around 90 minutes at room temperature or 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When you are ready to serve the sundaes, add a scoop of chocolate ice cream to the bottom of a sundae glass or narrow mug. Add a scoop of pistachio on top. Decorate the scoop of pistachio with assorted candies and/or nuts to make a face. Top the sundae with the chocolate witch hat and serve immediately.
Keywords: Halloween dessert, Halloween ice cream sundae, Halloween ice cream, Halloween treats