Crushed Oreos are folded into fresh mocha whipped cream, and layered in between cubes of chocolate cake. When using store-bought or ready made cake, total prep time is 10 minutes or less!
- 2 c. chocolate cake cut into 1 inch cubes (see notes)
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 6 – 8 Oreos, divided
1. Whisk together the sugar, instant coffee, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl, breaking up any lumps in the cocoa powder.
2. Add in the heavy whipping cream. Beat with an electric hand mixer on high for about 1 – 2 minutes, or until the whipped cream is just beginning to thicken. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spoon. Continue beating just until stiff peaks have formed.
3. Crush 4 of the Oreos into large pieces using your hands. Gently fold them into the mocha whipped cream using a large spoon. Do not overmix.
4. Layer the cake and mocha Oreo whipped cream into two medium glasses (about 12 oz.), starting with cake on the bottom, then whipped cream. Repeat the layers one more time. Top each trifle with 1 – 2 crushed Oreos. Serve immediately.
The prep time listed is assuming you have the chocolate cake already prepared, either baked ahead of time or store-bought. This is a great use for leftover cake scraps! If you are baking your own cake, make sure it is completely cooled before assembling the trifles.
Keywords: mocha dessert, Oreo dessert, mocha Oreo dessert, mocha trifle, Oreo trifle, mocha Oreo trifle, no bake dessert, mocha no bake dessert, Oreo no bake dessert, dessert for two