A deliciously moist honey banana mug cake surrounds a warm, slightly salty honey peanut butter center.
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 pinches salt, divided
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. honey, divided
- ¼ c. chopped banana (about ½ small banana)
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- extra honey and chopped banana for topping (optional)
- Mix flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt in large, microwave safe mug (see note). Mix in oil, milk, 1 tbsp. honey and vanilla until smooth. Add in chopped banana, stir gently to combine.
- Mix together 1 tbsp. honey, 2 tbsp. peanut butter and generous pinch of salt in a separate bowl.
- Scoop honey peanut butter mixture out of the bowl and place in the middle of the cake batter. Press down on the peanut butter with the back of a spoon so the peanut butter sinks down into the batter (peanut butter doesn’t need to be completely covered).
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds, or until the top of the cake is firm (after the first 90 seconds, microwave in 15 second increments until cake is cooked).
- If unmolding cake, run a knife around the edges of the cake before inverting onto a plate. Serve with additional chopped banana and honey drizzled on top (optional).
If you want to unmold the mug cake onto a plate rather than eating directly out of the mug, mix the batter in a separate bowl rather than in the mug itself. Grease the mug before adding batter to the mug.
Keywords: honey banana mug cake, honey peanut butter mug cake, peanut butter banana mug cake