Use your air fryer to make the most perfectly crispy and brown smashed potatoes! By steaming the potatoes in the microwave first, you can make these smashed potatoes in only about 25 minutes.
(1) You can use any type of new (aka "baby") potato. For best results, look for baby potatoes that are on the medium to large size (for baby potatoes!) - about 1 1/2 - 2 inches in length.
(2) If you have whole leaf dried rosemary, crush it in your hands before adding to the oil.
(3) If the smashed potatoes don't all fit in a single layer, you can air fry them in two batches.
(4) Cook times are given in ranges; the exact times needed will vary based on your own appliances (microwave and air fryer), and how large the potatoes are. Adjust the cook times as needed.
(5) You can use the air fryer to pre-cook the potatoes instead of the microwave. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and cook them in a pre-heated 325 degree F air fryer for 18 - 22 minutes, or until fork-tender. Shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cook time.
The nutrition information below includes 1/2 teaspoon salt. This nutrition information is only an estimate by an online nutrition calculator; the nutrition counts of your dish may vary. This estimate should not be considered a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice. See full disclosure policy.
Keywords: smashed potatoes air fryer, air fryer smashed potatoes