A moist zucchini bread with tons of cheesy flavor from both sharp cheddar and Parmesan!
- 6 ounces zucchini, shredded (about 1 1/4 cups, packed – see note)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 ounces Parmesan, finely shredded
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs in a separate medium bowl until slightly frothy. Add the sour cream and whisk until smooth. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the melted butter; continue whisking until combined.
4. Switching to a wooden spoon, stir the shredded cheeses and zucchini into the wet ingredients.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir together until all the flour is moistened. The dough will be stiff; you can use your hands to do the final mix.
6. Place the dough into the greased loaf pan. Smooth out the top gently, but do not compress the dough down into the loaf pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 55 minutes, or until the top is firm and slightly domed, with a deep golden brown color. Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Weighing the zucchini is more accurate and preferable to using the cup measurement. Getting an accurate measurement for the zucchini is important to control the level of moisture in the bread. If using the cup measurement, pack the zucchini in the cup, but not with a lot of force (do not firmly pack).
Keywords: zucchini bread, zucchini cheese bread, cheese bread, quick bread