An easy preparation for ripe peaches. Peaches are peeled, sliced, and boiled in their own juices to create a delectable topping for just about any dessert!
- 4 – 5 ripe peaches (to equal 4 cups when cut into wedges)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of cinnamon
- Peel the peaches* and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, then cut each half into 3 wedges (for 6 total wedges per peach). Measure out 4 cups of the peach wedges.
- Place the peach wedges, along with the sugar, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon into a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture up to a boil, stirring gently with a silicone spatula to help the sugar begin to dissolve in the liquid.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for 5 – 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the peaches are very soft but still hold their shape, and the liquid released from the peaches has begun to thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the stewed peaches to cool slightly before serving. The syrup from the peaches will continue to thicken as it cools.
*I like to use a sharp paring knife to peel the peaches, but feel free to use your favorite method.
Keywords: peaches, stewed peaches, easy peach recipe, easy peach dessert, quick peach dessert, peach topping, easy peach topping, quick peach topping