This pumpkin spice syrup is so easy to make with only a few basic ingredients! Use to flavor drip coffee, lattes, black tea, or your favorite beverage!
- one 14 ounce (397 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (see note 1)
- 1 cup (237 ml) water
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 g) pumpkin purée
- pinch salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin spice, water, sugar, pumpkin purée and salt.
- Bring the syrup to a simmer, whisking frequently. Continue to simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, whisking frequently, until the syrup has thickened slightly. If needed, reduce the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh sieve. Use immediately or store in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week.
You may find this labeled as "pumpkin pie spice." Pumpkin spice and pumpkin pie spice are the same and either one will work for this recipe.
Recipe yields about 3 cups of syrup.
To make a pumpkin spice latte, pour 3 tablespoons of the syrup (or add syrup to taste) in the bottom of a mug. Pour 1 - 2 shot(s) of hot espresso overtop. Then, fill the mug with 8 - 12 ounces (237 - 355 ml) steamed milk. Garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
If using syrup after chilling in the fridge, give the syrup a quick stir before using to redistribute any spices that may have sunk to the bottom.
The nutrition information below is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator, and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice. See our full nutrition disclosure policy.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 26.3 g
- Sodium: 44 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6 g
- Fiber: .2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
Keywords: pumpkin spice syrup, pumpkin spice sauce, pumpkin spice latte