This tender and moist cake uses two kinds of persimmons and is topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan, set aside.
3. Add the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and hachiya persimmon pulp into a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
4. In a separate medium bowl, add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk or stir with a fork to combine.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until evenly combined. Stir in the chopped fuyu persimmon.
6. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until the top of the cake is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. While the cake is baking, make the cinnamon cream cheese frosting: Add the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Using hand beaters or the stand mixer, beat until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in small amounts, beating in between each addition, until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
8. Once the cake is completely cooled, frost the top with the cinnamon cream cheese frosting and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 days (see note 3).
Keywords: persimmon cake, easy persimmon cake, persimmon dessert recipe, persimmon cake with cream cheese frosting