Butternut squash, apples and onions are caramelized with a sweet and slightly tangy maple butter glaze. This dish is easy to assemble yet looks stunning on your dinner table.
- 2 apples
- 2 medium onions
- 1 small butternut squash, about 4 c. when cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ tsp. pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Peel and cube the butternut squash, onions and apples into roughly 1 inch pieces, place into a casserole dish or 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix together the melted butter, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Pour over the vegetables and apples and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Stir and place back in the oven for another 20 – 25 minutes, or until the vegetables and apples are soft when pierced with a fork and browned around the edges. Stir again and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Keywords: butternut squash, apples, onions, maple, butter, glazed