These mango popsicles are easy to make with only three ingredients and ten minutes prep time!
- 2 1/2 cups ripe mango, packed (from about 2 large mangoes)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Peel and cut the mango into chunks. Measure out 2 1/2 cups (gently pack down the mango chunks into the cup when measuring).
- Place the mango into a tall-sided container, like a 4 cup glass measuring cup. (If you don't have an immersion blender, place the mango in the bowl of a food processor or blender.)
- Add between 1/3 and 1/2 cup sugar, depending on how sweet the mango is and your personal tastes. Add in the lemon or lime juice.
- Blend the mango mixture with an immersion blender (or food processor/blender). You can leave the mixture slightly chunky or blend it completely smooth.
- Taste the mixture, and add a little more sugar and/or lemon or lime juice if desired. Stir well to dissolve the added sugar.
- Pour the popsicle mixture into molds, leaving a small gap at the top. Add popsicle sticks to the molds and freeze until solid, a minimum of about 4 hours, or up to 6 hours. (If your popsicle mold doesn't have a way to hold the sticks in place, add the sticks once the popsicles are semi-frozen, which will take about 2 hours).
Regarding how much sugar to add: The amount of sugar suggested here is a guideline only, as there is no "correct" amount of sugar to add. What will taste good to you is dependent not only on the ripeness of your mango, but also your personal tastes. You can even add less than what is called for in the recipe if you want a less sweet, more "natural" tasting popsicle. If you aren't sure how much sugar to add, start with the lesser amount of sugar. You can always stir in a bit more after the mango is blended if needed.
If desired, you can use frozen mango chunks instead of fresh mango. Let the frozen mango thaw in the fridge before using to make it easier to blend. You will need about 4 cups of frozen chunks to equal the 2 1/2 cups needed when thawed. If the mango accumulated a lot of moisture after thawing, drain it off before blending.
This recipe will yield about 2 cups total volume before freezing - about 5 - 6 popsicles, depending on the size of your popsicle molds.
The nutrition information below was calculated using 1/2 cup sugar. This information is an estimate only, provided by an online nutrition calculator. The nutrition counts of your dish will vary based on the brand and exact amounts of ingredients used. This nutrition estimate should not be considered a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice. See our full disclosure policy.
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 31.4 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mango popsicles, mango pops