An easy to make single serve holiday dessert that’s delicious topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. milk
- 5 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
1. Place butter in a microwave-safe mug and microwave 30 seconds on high or until melted.
2. Add molasses, milk, and sugar to the melted butter and whisk with a fork until evenly combined.
3. Add remaining dry ingredients into the mug gradually, whisking with a fork in between each addition until smooth.
4. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. If the top of the mug cake is still wet, microwave in 10 second bursts until the top of the cake is just set.
Keywords: gingerbread, mug cake, easy gingerbread cake, easy mug cake