This bean dip recipe is ready in only 10 minutes, no cooking involved! Flavored with cumin, lime, cilantro and onion.
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 – 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- juice of 1/4 – 1/2 lime, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive or other neutral oil (grapeseed oil, sunflower seed oil, etc.)
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the rinsed and drained beans, roughly chopped onion, cilantro, cumin, 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, and the juice of 1/4 of a lime.
- Pulse in 1 second increments until the mixture is mostly smooth (about 10 pulses).
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Replace the lid and switch the food processor on so it is running continuously.
- Slowly drizzle the oil through the feed tube. When all the oil has been added, turn off the food processor and scrape down the sides again. Taste the bean dip. If needed, add more salt and lime juice; pulse again a few times to combine.
- Serve immediately or keep, tightly covered, in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. (Can be served straight from the fridge, but I like to let it warm up on the counter for about 10 minutes before enjoying.)
Keywords: bean dip, black bean dip, easy bean dip, quick bean dip, pantry recipes, pantry appetizers, pantry snacks