This delicious and simple tomato cucumber salad is bursting with fresh summer flavors and can be made in fifteen minutes or less!
- 2 lbs. tomatoes (about six cups when cut into large chunks)
- 1 English cucumber (see notes)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh herbs (basil, parsley, dill, chives etc.)
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
- Mix the salt, mayonnaise, and Greek yogurt in a large bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut out the stem end of each tomato, then cut in half horizontally. Scoop out the seeds and pulp. Cut the tomatoes into large chunks and add to the large bowl with the dressing.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into large chunks. Add to the bowl.
- Slice the red onion thinly and add to the bowl.
- Chop the herbs and add to the bowl.
- Mix the salad together with a large spoon until the dressing has evenly coated the vegetables. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a few hours before serving. For maximum freshness, serve the same day.
You can also use a regular cucumber, but you may want to peel and de-seed it first to reduce bitterness.
Keywords: tomato salad, tomato cucumber salad, creamy tomato salad, creamy tomato cucumber salad, tomato salad with mayonnaise