Mini pie shells filled with cranberry sauce and topped with oozy brie and a sprinkle of fresh sage. A 4 ingredient appetizer that’s as festive as it is easy to make!
- 1 store-bought refrigerated pie dough (for 9 inch pie)
- 3/4 c. canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 8 oz. brie
- 2 – 3 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Microwave the pie dough (do not unroll first) on 30% power for 10 – 15 seconds or until the dough can be easily unrolled without cracking.
- Unroll the dough on a clean work surface. With a rolling pin, roll the pie dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut the pie dough into as many circles as you can using a 2 3/4 inch diameter round cookie cutter. Press the circles into the cups of a 24 cup mini muffin tin, making sure the dough is pressed down into the corners of the muffin tins (see note). Prick the bottom of the tarts 3 times with the tines of a fork.
- Re-roll the remaining scraps to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut enough additional circles to equal 24 in total. Press them into the remaining muffin tins and prick them with a fork as directed in step 3.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 – 6 minutes or until golden brown. While the pie shells are baking, cut the brie in half horizontally, then cut each half into 12 pieces, for a total of 24 pieces.
- Remove the baked pie shells from the oven. Reduce the oven heat to 350. Fill each pie shell with about 1 tsp. of cranberry sauce, then top with a piece of brie. Return to the oven and bake just until the brie is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the tarts from the oven. Allow to cool for a minute or two while chopping the sage leaves very finely.
- Carefully lift the tarts out of the muffin tins and place on a serving tray. Sprinkle the finely chopped sage over top of the tarts and serve.
A shot glass is helpful to press the pie dough into the bottom of the mini muffin tins!
Keywords: cranberry brie appetizer, cranberry brie tarts, cranberry brie tartlets, cranberry brie bites