Roasted brussels sprouts and almonds are tossed with dried cranberries, goat cheese, and a honey vinaigrette dressing. An easy side dish perfect for the holiday season!
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh brussels sprouts
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. whole raw almonds
- 6 oz. dried sweetened cranberries
- 8 oz. goat cheese (cranberry flavored or plain)
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. (1/4 c.) apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the brussels sprouts into quarters vertically, leaving the stem ends intact. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (parchment paper is optional, but will make for easier cleanup). Drizzle with olive oil and toss them to evenly coat in the oil. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the almonds into large chunks. Place on a separate small baking sheet lined with parchment paper (again, parchment paper is optional, but will make for easier cleanup). Drizzle with olive oil and toss them to evenly coat in the oil. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place both baking sheets into the preheated oven. Set a timer for 10 minutes, but watch the almonds for signs of browning beginning at the 8 minute mark, or once you can smell a “toasty” smell. Once the almonds are a deep golden brown color, remove them from the oven and set aside. This should take about 9 – 10 minutes.
- When you remove the almonds, also remove the brussels sprouts and stir them on the baking sheet with a spatula. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and return to the oven for an additional 10 – 12 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are nicely browned.
- While the brussels sprouts are roasting, add the vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk with a fork until the honey dissolves. Set aside.
- Add the warm brussels sprouts and almonds to a large bowl along with the dried cranberries and vinaigrette. Toss together to combine.
- The salad can be served immediately while still warm, at room temperature, or chilled. At this point, the salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 – 4 hours before serving. Right before serving, crumble the goat cheese into chunks and add to the salad, tossing gently to combine.
Keywords: brussels sprout salad, brussel sprout salad, brussels sprout salad with cranberries, brussel sprout salad with cranberries