This is a quick and easy smoothie using frozen watermelon chunks and fresh banana, plus Greek yogurt and milk for creaminess. This is a great recipe for when you have too much watermelon on your hands!
- 1 1/2 cups (220 g) frozen watermelon chunks
- 1 medium ripe banana (not frozen)
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt - see note 1
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) milk
- 1 - 2 tablespoons (20 - 40 g) honey, or to taste (optional)
- Add the banana, Greek yogurt, milk, and honey (if using) to the pitcher of a blender. Place the lid on the blender and blend until smooth.
- If the frozen watermelon chunks have stuck together, break them apart as best you can, then add them to the blender with the other ingredients. Replace the lid and blend just until smooth, starting on low speed and increasing the speed as the ingredients begin to combine. If needed, you can add in an additional small splash of milk to help the ingredients start to incorporate. Or, better yet, use a tamper tool to help combine the ingredients during blending.
- Taste the smoothie and blend in additional honey, if desired. Serve the smoothie immediately.
You can use any type of Greek yogurt you prefer, either nonfat, low fat, or full fat. If you like a little extra sweetness, you can opt for a flavored Greek yogurt instead of plain. If you don't have Greek yogurt, you can substitute regular yogurt, but the texture of the smoothie will be slightly thinner.
Measuring the watermelon by volume can lead to differing results due to variances in the size of the pieces. Therefore, for best results, I recommend measuring the watermelon by weight (220 g) if you have access to a kitchen scale.
This smoothie recipe will make approximately 16 ounces (473 ml). If you need more than that, work in batches, rather than adding double ingredients to the blender. This will ensure there is enough room in the pitcher to blend the ingredients together.
The nutrition information below was calculated to include low fat Greek yogurt and milk, and 1 tablespoon honey. This nutrition information is an estimate only, provided by an online nutrition calculator, and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice. The nutrition counts of your dish will vary based on the brand and exact amounts of ingredients used. See our full disclosure policy.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 52 g
- Sodium: 84 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.9 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 16.3 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: Banana watermelon smoothie, watermelon and banana smoothie