This homemade ranch dressing is extra-special thanks to the addition of avocado and lime. This zesty dressing comes together in only about 10 minutes!
- 3/4 cup (153 g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (120 g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) buttermilk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup (10 g) fresh herbs, roughly chopped (suggestions: chives, cilantro, dill, and/or parsley)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients, minus the herbs and half of the lime juice, into the container of a food processor or blender. Alternatively, if you would like to use an immersion blender, place the ingredients into a large, tall-sided container.
- Blend the ingredients together until smooth.
- Add in the roughly chopped herbs and blend again briefly, just until the herbs are broken into small, even pieces.
- Taste the dressing and stir in additional lime juice, kosher salt, and/or pepper if desired.
- Store the dressing, tightly covered in the fridge, up to 1 week.
This recipe makes about 2 1/4 cups of dressing.
This recipe uses kosher salt, which is coarse-grained. If using fine-grained salt, start with only 1 teaspoon and add more if needed.
The texture of the dressing is on the thicker side, which works well as a dip for veggies, chicken fingers, etc. You can also put the dressing in a squeeze bottle to more easily apply to salads or roasted veggies.
If you prefer a thinner texture, you can mix in a few extra tablespoons of buttermilk or water to the dressing.
The dressing tastes wonderful freshly made, but it tastes even better after it has been in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Keywords: homemade ranch dressing, ranch dressing, avocado ranch dressing, avocado lime ranch dressing