These creamy, dreamy almond raspberry ricotta parfaits are made with five basic ingredients and are ready to eat in about ten minutes!
- 1/4 cup (27 g) sliced almonds
- 6 ounces (170 g) fresh raspberries, washed and dried
- 5 tablespoons (68 g) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (122 g) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Add almonds to a dry pan over medium heat. Stir frequently for a few minutes, until the almonds are fragrant and slightly browned. Remove the almonds from the pan and let cool while prepping the remaining steps.
- Place the raspberries in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons (27 g) of the sugar to the raspberries. Stir in the sugar and gently press down on the berries with the back of the spoon. Some should be slightly crushed and some should remain whole. Stir again gently until the sugar begins to dissolve, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and remaining sugar. Stir to combine until the ricotta is smooth.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a narrow, tall-sided container (a 16 ounce Ball jar works great!). Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks using an immersion blender (see note 1).
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the ricotta cheese until mostly combined (do not over mix).
- If there are still some sugar crystals remaining in the raspberry mixture, give it a final stir. Layer the parfait ingredients into two small glasses, starting with raspberries, then ricotta cheese, then almonds (see notes 2 - 3). Repeat the layers one more time, reserving a small amount of raspberries to top the parfaits. Serve immediately.
If you don't have an immersion blender, you can place the whipped cream into a medium-small bowl and whip to stiff peaks using hand beaters.
A good container for the parfaits would be something between 6 - 8 ounces, with tall sides and an opening that is not too narrow to fit a small spoon inside.
The raspberries will release liquid as they sit with the sugar. When assembling the parfaits, you can either add that liquid in with the raspberry layer, which will add a lot of flavor and a juicier quality to the parfaits. Or, strain the liquid out with a slotted spoon if you would like to better preserve the layered look of the parfait.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 34.5 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Fat: 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11.2 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
Keywords: parfait, raspberry, almond, ricotta, cream