These creamy, dreamy almond raspberry ricotta parfaits are made with five basic ingredients and are ready to eat in about ten minutes!
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- 5 tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
1. Add almonds to a dry pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally for a few minutes, until the almonds are fragrant and slightly browned. While the almonds are toasting, add 2 tbsp. of the sugar to the raspberries. Stir in the sugar and press down on the berries with the back of the spoon. Some should be slightly crushed and some should remain whole. Stir again gently until the sugar begins to dissolve. Let sit while prepping the remaining steps.
2. When the almonds are toasted, remove from the pan and let cool while prepping the remaining steps.
3. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and remaining 3 tbsp. sugar. Stir to combine until ricotta is smooth.
4. Whip heavy cream into stiff peaks using a stick blender placed directly in the cup used to measure the cream (see note). Fold whipped cream gently into the ricotta cheese until mostly combined (do not over mix).
5. If there are still some sugar crystals remaining in the raspberry mixture, give it a final stir. Next layer the parfait ingredients into two small glasses, starting with raspberries, then ricotta cheese, then almonds. Repeat the layers one more time, reserving a small amount of raspberries to top the parfaits. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a stick blender, use a small food processor or blender, or shake the cream vigorously in a small jar with a tight fitting lid.
Keywords: parfait, raspberry, almond, ricotta, cream