Crispy sausage, potatoes and mushrooms are enrobed in rosemary brown butter. So delicious and really easy to make!
- 4 pre-cooked sausages, 12 oz. total (see note 1)
- 12 oz. white mushrooms
- 12 oz. mini potatoes (about 12 potatoes)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (see note 2)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep the ingredients: slice the sausages on a steep diagonal, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the mini potatoes in half lengthwise. If your mini potatoes are larger than 1 1/2 inches long, cut into quarters. Wash and dry the mushrooms. Chop the rosemary.
- Heat the butter in a heavy, large, ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Once the butter is sizzling, add in the rosemary. Stir continuously until the butter is a deep brown color, about 3 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Add in the sausage, potatoes and mushrooms, stir to coat in the rosemary butter. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and stir once more. Spread the ingredients in an even layer in the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. If you want the potatoes to get extra brown, turn them so they are cut-side down on the bottom of the pan.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and stir, taste for seasoning and sprinkle with more salt and pepper if needed.
- I prefer chicken and apple sausage here, but any pre-cooked sausage will work!
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary, substitute 3 tsp. dried rosemary.
Keywords: sausage, rosemary, potatoes, mushrooms, brown butter