Quick and easy hearty chili recipe that you can make in 20 minutes or less!
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. salsa (preferably chunky)
- 8 oz. chopped green chiles (2 small cans)
- 1 can black beans (undrained)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika (smoked paprika is nice here!)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- optional toppings: tortilla chips, avocado, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add in the ground beef. Stir and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the green chiles, salsa, black beans (undrained!) and all the spices.
- Bring chili to a simmer, reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chili has thickened up slightly. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips, avocado or guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese.