An easy weeknight meal that takes only about 10 minutes to prep. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy a delicious dinner without all the fuss!
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 2 7 oz. cans diced green chiles
- 2 15 oz. cans white beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. frozen corn
Optional toppings: lime wedges, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
1. If using chicken breasts, cut the breasts into quarters. Add chicken and diced onion to the slow cooker.
2. Add the chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, and (optional) cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Stir the chicken, onion, and seasonings together until the chicken and onion are evenly coated in the seasonings.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the frozen corn. (Do not drain the liquid from the canned ingredients.) Stir to combine and press the chicken down to submerge fully in the liquid.
4. Cook for 4 hours on low. (After cooking, you can keep the chili on the “warm” setting until ready to serve.)
5. Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board.
6. Add the frozen corn to the chili and stir.
7. Chop or shred the cooked chicken and add back into the chili, serve with your favorite toppings.
Keywords: slow cooker chicken chili, crock pot chicken chili, easy chicken chili, easy slow cooker chili, easy crock pot chili