An easy breakfast or snack on the go. Only ten minutes of prep time and 8 basic ingredients needed. These breakfast bars are sweetened only with maple syrup and banana.
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (can substitute quick oats, see notes)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, kosher salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the mashed banana and maple syrup to the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in the raisins, breaking up any chunks of raisins that have stuck together.
- Scoop the oatmeal raisin mixture into the greased pan. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to compress the mixture into the pan evenly, smoothing out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the top of the bars are firm and golden brown, with a deeper brown color around the edges.
- Let cool and then cut into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer.
I prefer making these with old-fashioned rolled oats, but quick oats (not instant) can also be used. For a discussion of the texture differences between using rolled oats versus quick oats, see the blog post section “What type of oats should I use?”
Keywords: breakfast bars, oatmeal breakfast bars, oatmeal raisin breakfast bars, easy breakfast bars