An easy and fast fudgy mocha mug cake recipe with a velvety smooth mocha sauce surprise hiding at the bottom of the mug!
- 5 tbsp. coffee, divided
- 3 tbsp. chocolate chips
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Add 3 tbsp. coffee and 3 tbsp. chocolate chips into the bottom of a large microwave-safe mug. If your coffee is hot, stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth. If your coffee is cold, microwave the mug for 10 seconds and then stir to combine until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, stir to combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk, remaining 2 tbsp. coffee, and oil, stir until most of the lumps are gone.
- Pour the cake batter into the mug, do not stir.
- Place a paper towel or plate over the mug to avoid splatter and microwave on high for 90 seconds, or until the top of the cake is set.