A gorgeous three layered no bake pie. A salt and sweet chocolate peanut butter treat!
- 4 oz. pretzels, any type, plus additional for garnish
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) softened unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¾ c. chocolate chips, any type
- 1 ½ c. creamy (not natural) peanut butter, divided
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- Make the ganache: place ¾ c. heavy whipping cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until cream is steaming. Remove from microwave and add in the chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Melt 6 tbsp. of the butter in the microwave, setting aside the remaining 2 tbsp. Finely grind the 4 oz. pretzels in a food processor. Add in the 2 tbsp. granulated sugar and melted butter, pulse until thoroughly combined. Dump the pretzel crumbs into a 9 inch pie pan. Firmly pat the crumbs into place on the sides and bottom of the pie pan; the crumbs should be tightly compacted and evenly distributed, with no cracks or bare spots. Place the crust into the fridge while preparing the next step.
- Make the peanut butter bottom layer: In a small bowl, mix ½ c. peanut butter, the remaining 2 tbsp. softened butter, 2 tbsp. powdered sugar and pinch of salt with a fork until smooth. Spread into the bottom of the prepared pie crust using a rubber spatula. Place the crust back into the fridge.
- Using hand beaters or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the remaining 1 ¼ c. heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. If using a stand mixer, remove the whipped cream to another bowl so you can use the stand mixer bowl again for the next step (no need to clean the bowl).
- In a separate bowl (or the empty bowl of your stand mixer), add the cream cheese, remaining 1 c. peanut butter and remaining 1 c. powdered sugar. Using hand beaters or the paddle attachment on the stand mixer, beat on high until ingredients are evenly combined and slightly fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl down once during beating to make sure all the ingredients are smooth and evenly combined.
- Stir about ⅓ of the whipped cream into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture until evenly incorporated. Then add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold it into the mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Scrape the peanut butter cream cheese filling into the pie plate, on top of the bottom peanut butter layer. Smooth out into an even layer using the rubber spatula.
- Retrieve the ganache and check the temperature. It should be at room temperature or close to room temperature. If not, place in the freezer for a minute or two. When at room temperature, pour over the top of the pie and smooth out to evenly cover the top.
- Refrigerate the pie for a minimum of three hours or up to two days before serving. Loosely cover once the ganache has firmed up to keep the pie fresh. When ready to serve, let the pie sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then gently press additional pretzels into the top of the pie to garnish.
Keywords: pretzel pie, no bake pretzel pie, no bake chocolate peanut butter pie, no bake peanut butter pie, peanut butter pretzel pie, chocolate peanut butter pie, chocolate peanut butter pretzel pie