After testing this Calzone Grilled Cheese recipe last week, I had some leftover ricotta, so I thought I would make something sweet with it. I came up with these almond raspberry ricotta parfaits and they are soooo good! And ridiculously easy! This recipe only has five ingredients and takes about ten minutes to put together. So if you need a quick recipe for date night (this recipe makes two parfaits!) or just want a delicious dessert to enjoy on the couch after a long day at work, this one is for you!
Parfait Ingredients and Techniques:
Ricotta cheese, sugar, heavy cream, almonds and raspberries. That’s all you need to make this decadent and gorgeous dessert! While the ingredients are basic, there are a couple steps that elevate the flavors and textures above just layering ingredients in a glass.
Whipped cream is gently folded into the sweetened ricotta to lighten the cheese and give it a smoother, fluffier texture. And the sliced almonds are toasted in a dry pan for a few minutes to bring out more of their nutty flavor and crunchy texture. Finally, the raspberries are mixed with sugar and then, just ever so lightly, mushed a bit! This brings out their natural juices and gives the fruit a bit of a jammy texture.
Here is a tip for making the whipped cream with as little fuss as possible: use a stick (aka immersion) blender. Because this recipe only uses half a cup of cream, this is so much easier than trying to use a stand mixer or beaters. Just measure out your heavy cream in a liquid measuring cup and dunk the stick blender right in and whir! You will have stiff peaks in less than a minute. If you don’t have a stick blender, you can try using a small blender or food processor. If all else fails, you can just shake the cream in a jar with a tightly fitting lid!
Parfait Ingredient Substitution Ideas:
This almond and raspberry ricotta parfait recipe is also super flexible. Don’t have raspberries in your grocery store this week? Substitute sliced strawberries, blackberries, or even mango! And if you don’t like or don’t have sliced almonds on hand, try chopped pistachios or macadamia nuts. (Or mini chocolate chips! Or crushed cookies!)
I hope you like this easy, fast (yet decadent!) recipe. If you try it please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!Print
These creamy, dreamy almond raspberry ricotta parfaits are made with five basic ingredients and are ready to eat in about ten minutes!
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- 5 tbsp. sugar, divided
- ½ c. ricotta cheese
- ½ c. heavy cream
1. Add almonds to a dry pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally for a few minutes, until the almonds are fragrant and slightly browned. While the almonds are toasting, add 2 tbsp. of the sugar to the raspberries. Stir in the sugar and press down on the berries with the back of the spoon. Some should be slightly crushed and some should remain whole. Stir again gently until the sugar begins to dissolve. Let sit while prepping the remaining steps.
2. When the almonds are toasted, remove from the pan and let cool while prepping the remaining steps.
3. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and remaining 3 tbsp. sugar. Stir to combine until ricotta is smooth.
4. Whip heavy cream into stiff peaks using a stick blender placed directly in the cup used to measure the cream (see note). Fold whipped cream gently into the ricotta cheese until mostly combined (do not over mix).
5. If there are still some sugar crystals remaining in the raspberry mixture, give it a final stir. Next layer the parfait ingredients into two small glasses, starting with raspberries, then ricotta cheese, then almonds. Repeat the layers one more time, reserving a small amount of raspberries to top the parfaits. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a stick blender, use a small food processor or blender, or shake the cream vigorously in a small jar with a tight fitting lid.
Keywords: parfait, raspberry, almond, ricotta, cream